May 29, 2009

10,000 BC /Hollywood Ramayana ?

It all started when i was searching for a suitable picture of lord hanuman for my post on Hanuman’s Effective Communication.

To my surprise, i found a ‘human picture without a monkey face’ in the Google image search results. In the bottom area of the image were the letters 10,000 BC.

probably-the-hanuman

 

Out of curiosity, i clicked the image and it took me to an interesting post on the close resemblance of the movie, 10,000 BC to the famous epic, Ramayana. The post and its comments speak in depth about different versions of Ramayana. Kudos to the author.

 

The image below is taken from the same post to trigger your interest.

with-title

I don’t want to write any descriptions on the image, as it speaks for itself. The argument in the post is about “The real Ramayana”

Well, why am i writing about this now?

Today, i watched 10,000 BC. I wouldn’t have related it to the epic, if the referred post was not the inspiration to watch the movie. Yet, I liked the movie and enjoyed it in its true nature rather than its relation to the epic.

What about my opinion on the argument on Real Ramayana?

I don’t care a damn about the truth. I love the epic Ramayana, widely known and the morals it taught  us. Likewise, i love the movie 10,000 BC (the Hollywood version) . Both movie and the epic have inspired me in mixed ways. I have witnessed great leadership traits in some characters of 10,000 BC. Will definitely narrate a relevant  scene, in one of my future posts on leadership.

For people curious in history / controversies / Spirituality / Fun [:)] , this post will be a very interesting read. Thank you Pinastro. You gave me some fodder for thought.

Read on!

http://pinastro.wordpress.com/2008/04/16/hollywood-ramayana/

No comments:

Post a Comment