Mar 10, 2009

Namma Bangaluru (Witnessing truthfulness)

I hated this city, when my Sony-Ericsson W910i mobile was stolen, in a BMTC bus with in a week after its purchase.(That’s a long story… ) I like this place for many reasons. But, a lot of thefts happen in Bangalore. You gotta be extremely careful.

Today, when i reached my office, i couldn’t find my wallet. I knew i misplaced it some where, or lost it. I was extremely depressed with the series of losses, i underwent. I called up the phone-banking service of my bank and blocked my ATM card. I knew i had to give away the wallet and the cash in it.

AT 9:00 PM in the night, i suddenly get a call from a kannadiga, named Venkat. He asks for my identity, and asks me to come and meet him in the Whitefield Bus Stop. He said “I have your wallet” I rushed to the Mayura Bakery next to Whitefield Bus stop where Venkat was standing.

I collected the wallet, thanked him and admired him. Not for bringing my 650 Rs, ATM card and the wallet back, but for being so truthful to himself and the society.

He said, he found it on the road side. i cursed my carelessness & absent mindedness during the short-walk to office. That was when i guess, i lost it.

I witnessed truthfulness today. A small percentage of bastards, cant bring down the spirits of this great city. Namma Bangaluru !

No comments:

Post a Comment